Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

PAP2T - Number accepted that does not match the dial plan

While testing my dial plan on the PAP2T, I encountered a number that was being accepted that shouldn't have been, as there is no matching rule in the dial plan. I simplified the dial plan and have narrowed it down. Here is an example dial plan: (xxxxxxxxxx). My understanding is that this dial plan will allow any 10 digit number and will reject everything else. However, if I dial 101 (for example), the call is still placed after a few seconds (101# is completed immediately).

My understanding of the rule is supported by the following example in the documentation:

9, <:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx   This example is useful where a local area code is required.

After a user presses 9, an external dial tone sounds. The user must enter a 10-

digit number that begins with a digit 2 through 9.

I changed the dial plan to the following, just to see what would happen: (*xx). This should allow asterisk and any two digit code. I tested 101 again, and got a busy signal right after I pressed 1. This is working as expected.

I also tried the following dial plan: (xx). When I dial 101, I get a busy signal after I dial the third digit, as expected.

Why is the device allowing 101 with a dial plan of (xxxxxxxxxx)? It appears that this dial plan will allow any number between 1 and 10 digits.

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies