cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Parallel hunt groups using sccp

dnulty
Level 1
Level 1

A customer would like all phone in a hunt group to ring at the same time. Can this be done on Cisco call manager wxpress using sccp phoness ??

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, parallel hunt group is not supported with SCCP.

Try explaining you customer the advantages of a regular hunt group with the Hlog button in which agents logs out when they are unavailable.

I was thinking of writing a blaster service in TCL/IVR, but so far all I managed to convince my customer to regular hunt groups, or in more limited cases, shared lines.

Many Thanks as I suspected, would you create a second dn and install on each phone. The customer would have 4 phones in the group

DN

No second DN is needed for regular hunt-group. The only disadvantage I've found of a DN that is in hunt group, is that you cannot monitor it via 'm' button from another phone.

Shared lines requires instead an additional DN on a separate button or in overlay.

Then, shared lines have noticeable disadvantages. First of all, when they say "shared" they mean that for real like a legacy shared line. For example, once you take a call on a shared line, if the DN is dual line, a second call will be presented only to the phone that has taken the first call.

Yes you can make the DN single line then chain via CFB to another shared line in overlay on the same button, repeat for how many calls you plan to take simultaneously.

As you can see things get kludgey quickly with shared lines, so next time a customer is adamant on the "ring them all" thing, I will produce the above mentioned TCL/IVR script.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: