cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial PRI config

flash2200
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a partial PRI coming into a gateway from the telco how should you configure the pri-group? For example I know that with a full PRI using MGCP you would use the command:

pri-group timeslots 1-24 service mgcp

On one of my gateways this command has been configured yet it only connects to a partial PRI circuit. (ie: We pay for 12 channels as opposed to the full complement of 23)

I had thought the command would be configured something like this...

pri-group timeslots 1-12 service mgcp

or possibly

pri-group timslots 12-23 service mgcp

depending on the ascending or descending selection. I'm guessing it does not make any difference since the telco presumably determine which channels are allowed to come up on the PRI even if I have the pri-group configured to use all 23 channels? Hoping someone can confirm if this is correct? TIA

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Partial PRIs are always provisioned from the lowest channel. So timeslots 1-12 would be the right command. But since you are using MGCP, who decides the channels to use, is ultimately the CCM, so you can find that also a "full PRI" config at gateway level works if the CCM is configured right.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does

I see what you're saying ref mgcp. Makes sense... thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: