Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial Rerouting and Call Manager 7.X

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We have a an ISP who is requesting Partial Rerouting to one of our customers.

The customer is running a 7.X call manager with MGCP.

Is Partial Rerouting supported on a MGCP Call Manager, if yes how do you commence to start configuring this, or do we have to convert it to H.323?

Kind Regards,

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you explain what "partial rerouting" is as I am not familiar with this technology/feature.

Chris

As the ISP describes it:

Partial Routing is an additional ISDN service for call forwarding. The forwarding of calls from the public network that redirected to the public network does not happen in the Call Manager but on the center of the provider. That way it prevents unnecessary B-channels are being occupied. This service must be ordered by the providor and is only available in point-to-point connections

Sounds like take back and transfer which is supported perfectly fine as all you do is pass inband DTMF digits to alert the telco of call transfer, to my understanding this is not a cheap feature to have, hence my only exposure to this has been large enterprise call centers.  But, perhaps what you are describing is totally different, in which case I dont see how you make it work.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: