cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pbx and GW integration

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

i know that to integrate a pbx with a gateway we might use t1/e1 or E&M card, my question is that can a 2811 router (for example) be integrated with a traditional pbx by 2, 4 or more FXO's ports on this 2811 router , i mean the 4 direct lines (for example) from telco to this pbx be connected now directly to the 4 ports in FXO on the 2811 router, so analog phones can now make calls over WAN through 2811 serial link to WAN, and also calls can be terminated to pstn through FXO ports ?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can do that. However I do strongly advise against using FXO lines to PSTN because you can run in problems due to lack of robust supervision disconnection.

So if you need just few lines, ask for ISDN BRI that is guaranteed to work in all aspects.

do u have a good link that talks specifically about this issue (configuration, specification, and related issues? i searched with no helpful results

many thanks

In the search box, enter 'supervisory disconnect". The links are about the configurations that you can do try to mitigate the problem, that is like stuck lines, unstoppable rings, etc. Do not assume it is easy or guaranteed to overcome these.