cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX integration with IP-T solution

rami_azar
Level 1
Level 1

a main office has IP-T solution with call manager .remote office has analaogue PBX.

how can i connect PBX to IP-T solution ? what devices,cards ect ...should i use to integrate pbx with IP-solution?

4 Replies 4

timmektrakarn
Level 1
Level 1

Does your analog PBX have trunk lines? Does it support a PRI? You can just use any voice gateway like a 2811 with FXO or a T1 card for the PRI. If you give us more details we can give you a better idea of what you need.

well the PBX has 16 digital lines ,and the customer already have a 1721 router .

i was thinking maybe to intsall a E1 card on the router and connect PBX to it .and connect the 1721 router to main office using WIC-1T card .

1-is what i am suggesting right or there is a different way of connecting them ?

2-is the 1721 router able to support the voice laod and routing ? or should i use a different router ?

thank you for the help and consideration

16 digital lines of which type ? do you mean ISDN?

the 1721 is quite small and need to be expanded with pvdm, cards, ios software.. a little complicated if you never done that. You should look into getting a new 2801 in a voice bundle.

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar scenario in my office. I have CCM at main location and PBX at the branch office. I am using Cisco ATA 186. ATA186 has two FXS ports on it. I connected both the ports to the trunk card of analogue PBX. Connect the ATA in the network and assign it the Call Manager to use. This will cause the ATA to register its both ports on the CCM (if auto registration enabled). Assign the DN and thats it .. :)

Sheeraz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: