cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX to Gateway Integration - FXS/DID VIC to FXO on PBX, Sends Digits?

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are integrating a PBX to CM through a gateway using MGCP signaling. The gateway has a 4-FXS/DID card. I noticed when I was configuring the gateway in CallManager it had a mandatory field called "attendant DN". I thought digits could be passed incoming/outgoing of the FXS ports so what would the purpose of the "attendant DN" be?

Is it just one direction digits are passed? For example, from FXO to FXS or the other direction?

I have read different things about whether FXO/FXS supported sending digits through DTMF. I am confused if I really need the attendant DN in CM, however it is a mandatory field.

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

The 'Attendant DN' is used if you need to route the call coming in on the line to a specified DN.

Please rate useful posts.

I understand that but will the FXS card on the gateway accept digits from the PBX? The PBX would be acting as the FXO and the voice gateway has an FXS.

I understand that but will the FXS card on the gateway accept digits from the PBX? The PBX would be acting as the FXO and the voice gateway has an FXS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: