Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Addr Book :- Resolving CLI to names

shahedvoicerite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In CM 5.x or greater, is it possible to setup the config, so that when an incoming call (interal or external) comes in,

the Phone Display shows the name from the PAB instead of CM user list ?

Or if this is NOT possible, and I have LDAP configured, but I DO NOT have all ldap users as CM users, can the

phone display still show the callers NAME instead of number ?

Without LDAP integration, the only way I *think* I can get this to work is by adding end users to the system !!

Also, is there a way to match the number by performing digit manipulation ??

i,e call comes in as 905551231234, and my enduser "Telephone Number" field is configured as 5551231234, without the 9 Prefix ??

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shahedvoicerite wrote:

Thanks, but that looks like a xml script that would need a user to refresh the screen, or perhaps use cisco screen pop.

Even that would not work, as it would require CTI, for the server to know the CLI, and then PUSH xml to the device

No, it is not an XML script, it is not a screen popup, it does not require CTI, and it does not require a server unless you want to pull the name from an external database. It simply populates the calling name on the phone display, and that's it.

Anyway, I am 1st looking to see if this is possible in a  vanilla CM install.

This info I believe is present in the SCCP message that goes out to the device on a new call.

I think the field is populated from the user database.

What I would like to know is how this can be manipulated etc.

Vanilla CM does not support calling name lookup. Furthermore, it is not possible to manipulate SCCP messages.

Fortunately, that is not necessary, using to the solution indicated above.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, check "number to name" at http://ciscoscripts.com

Thanks, but that looks like a xml script that would need a user to refresh the screen, or perhaps use cisco screen pop.

Even that would not work, as it would require CTI, for the server to know the CLI, and then PUSH xml to the device !

This info I believe is present in the SCCP message that goes out to the device on a new call.

Thanks

Hi

Paulo is correct; and your assumptions are all wrong :-)

You can use Paulo's script... it doesn't work the way you imagine it does... though there are solutions out there that are based on CTI and XML, and aren't great.

CCM doesn't have any capability of applying name to calling numbers. The numbers you see are configured on the DNs themselves as the 'Alerting' and 'Display' names. They are not from the CCM End User directory, so nothing you do there will modify it.

CCM can't look up the numbers against LDAP.

Several Cisco 'addons' such as CUPC, MOC/CUCiMOC, and so on can do reverse lookups to LDAP, but CCM can't do it alone.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

shahedvoicerite wrote:

Even that would not work, as it would require CTI, for the server to know the CLI, and then PUSH xml to the device

No, it is not an XML script, it is not a screen popup, it does not require CTI, and it does not require a server unless you want to pull the name from an external database. It simply populates the calling name on the phone display, and that's it.

Vanilla CM does not support calling name lookup. Furthermore, it is not possible to manipulate SCCP messages.

Fortunately, that is not necessary, using to the solution indicated above.

Ok, so its a TCL script...

I thought it was a xml script.

That clears everything up.. thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: