cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Address Book (PAB) Issue with 6945 Phone Only

SAN J
Level 2
Level 2

Got a weird issue happening. I have a customer with two sites - East and West Coast. CUCM 8.6 with all servers located in the West with an MPLS linking both locations. They have 7945 and 6945 phones deployed at both locations. When they utilize the Personal Address Book (PAB) feature in the West, no issues for both 7945 and 6945 phones. However, when they try it in the East, the 7945 phones work just fine but all the 6945s don't. It'll only try dialing the first 3 digits which will eventually fail. If there's a 91 in the entry then it'll dial the first 5 digits then fail. You eventually get the system message then busy. Putting a 4-digit number seems to work fine though. We tried extending the T302 timer to 15 sec but no help. Tried hitting the softkey Dial or lifting the handset and same results still. We have a TAC case opened on this but not making much headway as they still can't see why the 6945 phone isn't dialing the digits it sees. Packet captures show phone is getting the full digit string...just not dialing it. When we put the same PAB entry in the 6945 phone in the West side, it works just fine. Has anyone run into this weird issue?

6 Replies 6

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

Hold on let's take a step back before  concluding  that this is a weird issue.  From East coast  and West Coast I am assuming that you have 2 callmanger clusters across the WAN ...

1. Is the 7945 running sccp firmware?

2. Is the 6945 running sip firmware ?

If answer to 1 & 2 is yes then  this problem can be checked with the following ....

a.)  With sip  phones the way that dialling takes place is different .Check if there is any wildcard  like  " !  "    being used  in the route pattern . If this is the case then create a specific route pattern to the destination .

or

b.) Use sccp firmware on the 6945 phone  preferably 9.2.2.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

Thanks Karthik. I hada little bit more info from the customer since I posted this. Customer didn't initially understand the tests we had her do. Enblock dialing works on the 6945 in the East coast when you highlight the PAB entry and lift the handset or push the speakerphone so looks like the issue is with the Dial softkey only. BU is involved currently and the TAC engineer seems to think it's a timer issue on the 6945 coupled with the CUCM being remote. The phones are running 9.2.2 already BTW and they're all running SCCP. No wildcards on the PAB entries as well. I hope to get some updates by Monday from them.

Hi jsantos61,

Can you advise me on the outcome of this? I'm experiencing an identical issue. Before I go to TAC I thought is check in with you.

Thanks,

Scott.

Hi, I had a look around the bug toolkit and found this: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCty16495&from=summary I guess this is yours? No fix, just a workaround.

Scott,

If I recall this correctly, I was told it was fixed but never did get a chance to follow up as customer was okay running a private load that TAC provided that fixed it. the issue. Here's the SR 620443447 if it helps. They may be able to issue you a private load for the meantime if this is indeed not fixed on the newest firmware release still.

Thanks for getting back to me.

It doesn't appear fixed to me the 6945's are running 9.3.3 after patching SU2 on 8.6. In the meantime our customer is okay-ish with going off hook or using the speaker to envoke enbloc dialling.

If it comes to a head, I'll approach TAC for the private load you mentioned.