Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Calls

Hi guys,

I'm running CME 4 at customer's permises with mostly 7940 IP phones. Certain people appear to be getting an occasional "phantom call" that they can't do anything with. They cannot transfer it, or hang it up. I just ties up their line for anything up to an hour then goes away.

This seems to be very intermmitent problem and can happen at any time. Appears to be isolated to a certain group of people that sit in a particular location, but other than that, I can't see anything in common between the people that have this problem.

I was wondering if anyone came across this before, and if so, what was the resolution in your case.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Paul.

3 REPLIES

Re: Phantom Calls

I have seen Unity be the cause of problems like this. Is there any caller ID? Also have you gathered a callmanager trace so you can possible see what is going on at the exact time of the calls.

HTH

Hall of Fame Super Gold

But this is CCME and not CCM, altough you can still collect debugs and CDR to analyze on things.

I ran into this same problem a while back. I upgraded the router to the lastest IOS version and lastest phone loads and the problem disappeared.

Hope this helps...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content