Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone 7821 and 8945 become unknown when restart the CUCM

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have around 600 IP phones (7821 + 8945) when I restarted the CUCM most of them became as Unknown devices and I have to make hard rest to return them back register in CUCUM?

What is the problem here?

Thanks,

MKS

9 Replies 9

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a clustered deployment or single node?

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

I have CUCM Pub+Sub

Do both run the CallManager service, i.e. do you have phones register in both? If you reboot one CUCM, do they register to the other? How you perform the reboot?

Georgios

yes both CUCM run CallManager Service. Actually not all phones but around the quarter of them became unknown devices that happened whe both cucm restarted?

the Status is None not unknown sorry!

Which server do they register to normally? If you reboot that server, do they register to the other?

How exactly does your problem appear? You reboot both at the same time?

Georgios

yes reboot both at the same time!

normally register with CUCM PUB and if PUB down will register with CUCM SUB. Yes If I rebooted the PUB will register with SUB but some phones will lose the connection with CUCM and status will be None

When Both servers down and after while both server comes up I lost a lot of 7821 + 8945 IP phones the registration with CUCM.

I saw the IP phones has the IP address from core sw DHCP but when I restart the IP phones the phone will not take the IP address until make hard reset for the phone the IP phone will take a new IP address and start registering with CUCM.

After long investigation the staff in the project said to me that the Electrical power turned off in All Edge switches and Data center.

I noticed it's a DHCP issue not from CUCM! after I restarted the ports of Phones in edge switches it started to register with CUCM!

but my question why DHCP not working properly? and Why some phones cannot registered with CUCM and they have IP address

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: