Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Configuration Problems

I'm learning all about VOIP Systems through on the job training. Someone calls with a problem and I TRY to figure it out. The issue I a having is with two 7961 phones. They were setup exactly the same way and in the same partition. All 6 line have been programmed with the same extensions (6500, *6500, **6500, ***6500, ****6500, *****6500). This is a call center setup where someone will always answer the phone, it is not automated through a call handler. We are having multiple issues where we receive a call on the primary line (6500) and it is answered. Then a second call comes in on the first rollover line (*6500) and it is ansered by the other attendent. If we receive a third call in on the next rollover line (**6500) when it is answered they are unable to transfer that call until the primary line is freed. The transfer button is grayed out. I just this morning while doing reearch found the information on shared line appearance. Do I have something configured incorrectly? Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phone Configuration Problems

in ur case i sugest u to give each phone difrent DN

then creat link group that includ all DNs then creat a hunt group includ all lines

then creat a hunt list includ that line group

finally creat a hunt piolit number such as the one u have 6500 and assign the route list u created to this piolt number

in this case u can control with method u can dstribute the incoming calls to those numbers like longest idle or roundrobin and so on

good luck

please, if helpful rate

just select the DNs u want them to be included in this group

it should show u all the DNs in the system just slect those u want them to be included

good luck

10 REPLIES

I'm learning too... quite a steep curve, eh?

I had this issue before. I think you may have to set the busy trigger and no of calls higher in the device profile.

What are they currently set to?

Maximum Number of Calls: 2

Busy Trigger: 1

in ur case i sugest u to give each phone difrent DN

then creat link group that includ all DNs then creat a hunt group includ all lines

then creat a hunt list includ that line group

finally creat a hunt piolit number such as the one u have 6500 and assign the route list u created to this piolt number

in this case u can control with method u can dstribute the incoming calls to those numbers like longest idle or roundrobin and so on

good luck

please, if helpful rate

I think Marwans suggestion sounds ideal as a set up.

If you 100% have to keep it like how you have it though... try changing it to Busy Trigger 4 No of Calls 2, resetting the phones for the changes to take affect and then seeing if you can pickup that 3rd call.

Did you mean a Line Group then a Hunt List. I don't see anything called a Link Group. Thanks

Thanks for the information. I have a few questions though. Did you mean a Line Group vie a Link Group? Do I just add the DNs I assigned to the phones or is that all DNs we have in our system? Thanks!

just select the DNs u want them to be included in this group

it should show u all the DNs in the system just slect those u want them to be included

good luck

Thanks. I've setup some test phones and its working great. My next question is how does it know which phones are active? If onlyone individual is answering the phone how does itknow not to route to the other one?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi John,

Just to add a note to the great info from Kid and Marwan (+5 points for both of you here :)

We have many of these setups for users who like the visual/multiple call handling capabilities that this offers. Your problem here is likely that the Max Calls number needs to be bumped up. This limitation is preventing the Transfer of the 3rd call as there is no available Line/Channel to use :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: For this test please leave the Busy Trigger @ 1

thanks rob :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content