Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone Directory

I have one CCM 4.3 PUB supporting 10 different offices.

Now I am adding another office.  However, this office just wants their own phone directory.  They don't want the global directory.  Can I configure a phone directory that just contain this site's user names and DNs and only show up on their phones?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Phone Directory

Kevin,

I have done this for a couple of customers but you actually need to modify the ASP which drives the corporate directory application. What I did was insert a funciton that would check for the IP address of the web client (i.e. IP phone) against an IP addres range assigned to a site. From there, it is a matter of determining what the appropriate query action should be. The key is knowing what value you would like to use to group the directory entries you want to present.

Whether this works for you or not depends on how comfortable you are with scripting in ASP.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Phone Directory

Bill,

Doh, I don't know ASP scripting at all.  I have another idea but I don't know if it is feasible.  I know CME can be configured to create a local phone directory.  Can I somehow point the local directory created on the CME in CUCM for that site?  If not, do you have any reference on how to do ASP scripting for a local phone directory creation?

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies