Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone firmware and Callmanager upgrade

I am currently running CCM 4.02sr2c, now if I load the latest phone firmware (as per latest security alerts) say the 8.0.8 code for the 7940 and 60, when I upgrade the CCM to 4.1.3 sr5D will the upgrade recognise a later release of firmware than the one that comes with the CCM upgrade and leave the latest firmware or will it load the firmware that comes with the upgrade.

I hope I have made myself clear!

2 Replies 2

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately when you do the upgrade it'll trample all over whatever version you have installed and then put the version that ships with 4.1.3 sr5D onto the phones.

The added problem is you are going to do 2 upgrades - 4.0 - 4.1(3) then 4.1(3) to sr5D so you'll get hit twice.

Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Paul

so what I could do is as soon as I have upgraded the publisher, load the new phone firmware, bebore I do the subscriber, so then when the phones fail across to the publisher it will have already have the current firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: