Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Firmware Upgrade CUCM 5.1.3

yogesh.mhatre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

We are having a bug in our current phone firmware 8.4.1 on 7941-7961 phones. We want to upgrade the firmware, i do know the process how to upgrade it through a call manager.

My question:

I want to upgrade phone firmware using local TFTP server in one of our remote sites cause it takes about 30-40 minutes to upgrade on phone over the WAN. Is there a procedure to follow for upgrading phone firmware from local TFTP server instead phones getting the files from Call Manager TFTP?

Thank You,

Yogesh Mhatre

2 Replies 2

Hello Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the solution by having local TFTP server, copy the load files into the TFTP root directory and then also copy the XMLDefault.cnf.xml file. Changed the load name in XML file which i want the phone to be. Then i change the TFTP option on DHCP server and rebooted the server. The phone started upgrading the firmware. Once the firmware was upgraded i then changed all the DHCP TFTP option and pointed it to the original phone.

Everything is working great.

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Yogesh Mhatre

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: