My customer has got IP phone 7940 configured for two lines first as VOIP and second as PSTN. Now my customer want the first line as PSTN and second line as CUG please let us know is there a way to swap the line only, without the rebat of all the phone.
We posted your question in our marketplace at https://www.qsolved.com and one of our experts answered with the following information
Here are steps to do the phone line swap.
1. Create a new phone in CUCM
2. Add the DNs in the correct order. If you use the same DN/partition as the original, CUCM will assume it is a shared line and inherit the settings
3. Copy the MAC address from the existing phone
4. Unplug the phone and delete the existing phone in CUCM
5. Past the MAC address copied above to the newly created phone
We have got 10,000 ip phone in the cluster, my first line is in VOIP partition and the second line in the PSTN partition both are in different CSS, please let me know how to go about it.
You could try this. Create one dummy phone for testing.
Add lines and all config you need.
Use Export all details in BAT on that phone.
Modify the file to switch the DNs.
Insert new BAT file using all details.
If this helps, please rate
I dont want to do the ReBAT work, as i have different model of phones and ReBAT requires the downtime as we have huge number of phone.
Thanks for your responce
Renaming will not help me as i have got different CSS for differnt phone line contaning multiple partition.
The procedure above is what you will need to do.
I would recommend hiring an outside consultant to do the changes for you.
See step 4. for the CSS changes