Phone list in DB corrupted after IP address change
We have a 3 server CCM cluster at my site. We changed the IP address of the Pub (CCM1) and one Sub (CCM2) as a final step in a DHCP migration. As we did that, all the phones (300 total) registered to the third server (CCM3) that was not changed (as expected).
Steps taken during mod in this order... changed server names to new IP, changed CCM names to new IP, changed group names and removed publisher from CCM group, changed device pool names to match new naming standard (the old device pool names were causing confusion as to which should be assigned), adjusted all URLs in enterprise parameters to match new IP address, adjusted option 150 ip addresses in switch DHCP pool, reset groups and devices, then made the adjustment to the IP address on the servers themselves.
All phones were registered to the unchanged CCM during this. After the change was made, the third CCM was not replicating with the 2 that were adjusted. DBLHelper on CCM3 could not connect to CCM1. SQL Ent Manager on CCM1 showed CCM3 DB was deactivated. Changes did not replicate.
Then, we remembered to adjust the lmhosts files. After adjusting and rebooting all servers, the DBHelper showed successful replication. Everything seemed fine. Phones were working and changes were replicated to CCM3. However, when viewing the phones on the CCM3 ccmadmin web console, 98% of them showed registered to CCM3 and the other 2 % were not found, but when viewing the ccmadmin from CCM1 or CCM2, it was reversed. The phones that were registered to CCM3 were showing as not found.
In other words, it seems there are still 2 phone lists. In looking on the phones, the phones registered to CCM3 are getting a TFTP load listing the old CCM2 ip address as the CallManager1 and the CCM3 ip address as the CallManager2 - so if we lose the CCM3, they just cycle through the old CCM ip addresses.
I tried resetting the TFTP service on all CCMs and also rebooted all CCMs. I have been able to get some individual phones to register to the new CCM and receive an accurate TFTP load by erasing the config and letting it query for another one. But CCM3 still has a separate object for that phone than CCM2. The option 150 in the DHCP pool is correct on all VTP domains. We let it sit for 24 hours and it did not fix (in case it was replication). DBL helper still shows successful replication between all 3 servers.
Publisher (CCM1) errors in event viewer: Service Control Manager/Cisco CTIManager service terminated unexpectedly. This event happens every 60 seconds and began as soon as we began the mod over 24 hours ago.
Re: Phone list in DB corrupted after IP address change
The CTI Manager contains the CTI components that interface with applications. With CTI Manager, applications can access resources and functionality of all Cisco CallManagers in the cluster and have improved failover capability. One or more CTI Managers can be active in a cluster, but only one CTI Manager can exist on an individual server. An application (JTAPI/TAPI) can have simultaneous connections to multiple CTI Managers; however, an application can only use one connection at a time to open a device with media termination.
check whether there are multiple CTI managers exist in a server
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...