Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Phone proxy

What's ASA phone proxy solution for remote phone across the internet?

4 REPLIES

Re: Phone proxy

It allows you to establish secure connection between phone and ASA - which is working like proxy for your calls and communication with CM. You don't need any VPN tunnels, so it's useful for homeworkers or teleworkers.

Check this link for more information: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns391/at_a_glance_C45-500231_v1.pdf

rate if this help

Works well for us, but currently the licensing costs are is crazy if you want fail-over. Soon to be sorted apparently, according to our SE.

We use mainly for our 7921 phones, plus a few home workers, and testing CUMA at present with iPhones. In total ~40 handsets

Cheers,

Alistair

How about your home user's ip phone?I am thinking of CP-7942G and CIPC. Can use ASA free two uc proxy licens to test?

Should be OK for the 7942, but CIPC is NOT yet compatible with Phone proxy.

Crazy I know, but I have heard it should be supported early next year.

Cheers,

Alistair

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content