cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

phone queries

bsudol79p
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get all of the serial numbers of the phones with some kind of query. I coundn't find anything in the Call Manager for serial numbers and I also used Real Time Monitoring Tool but I had no luck. I need to get the serial numbers of the phones and I have 500 of them by next week and I hope there is an automated process that I can use. Thanks for your help!!!!

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need to have a script/app that would go to the http server on the phones themselves and "scrape" the HTML.  The serial numbers are there. My approach was to use a script that pulls the registration status from CUCM and then polls the phones for the info.  7936/35/37 don't play well with this method.  Nor do any of the wireless handsets (which could be a pain if you are a health care provider).

I have not seen anything in the CM db that stores this, thought that would be a real nice piece of info for Cisco to provide.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I run this every now and again to update my inventory info.

First I have a csv file that has the phone type in the first column followed by the IP address (i.e.Cisco ATA 186, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)   I just do an empty query on the devices to get this list together.   I do this so I can keep the data segragated between ATAs and IP Phones, but it's probably not necessary in all cases.

After I have that list I do like Bill suggested and download the HTML to my PC via a Perl script.   From there I use more Perl to summarize the data into another CSV file.

Check out the attached.   It's probably not the cleanest coding, but it will work.

TONY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: