cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone registeration issue

chris.damore
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone explain why, when an IP phone fails over from the subscriber to publisher, you can't call the phone? You get a reorder tone when you try to call any IP phone that is registered on the publisher.

Thank you,

Chris

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Please provide more informaiton about your scenario, do you have some ip phones registered to the publisher and some registered to the subscriber? is the problem when calling from an ip phone registered to one server to an ip phone registered to another server? If yes, it could be that the SDL link between the servers is broken, check the application log of the servers and see if you see an error about that. You could also take a CCM detailed trace with matching SDL CCM trace to verify that. If that is your problem you will need to reboot all the servers in the cluster to bring the SDL link back up.

HTH

//Jorge

The issue I was seeing was a couple of phones registered themselves to the publisher. No phone registered on the subscriber could call these phones.

The CCM cluster (one publisher and one subscriber) has been rebooted. The issue still occures...

Then I strongly recommend you to take a CCM detailed trace and a SDL CCM trace on both servers from one call.

Hi,

If some your phones are registered with the publisher and the ones registered with the subscriber can't call these phones you probably have a Calling Search Space issue.

Make sure all your phones or at least the ones you want to be able to call each other are in the same partition.

Let me know if it helps.

The calling search space and partitions are correct.

Thanks,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: