Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone registration issue

I?m having problems with a CCM 4.1(3) cluster that consists of one publisher and one subscriber. If a new phone registers to the publisher, no one can call the phones extension, even though everything is setup correctly. What would cause this?

Thanks,

Chris

• IP Telephony
10 REPLIES
Green

Re: Phone registration issue

Looks like SDL links may be hoased.

I would reboot the whole cluster and apply lastest SRs.

If that doesnt help please upload detailed CCM|SDL trace.

Thanks

Sorry if this a stupid question, but how do I configure SDL traces?

Thanks,

Chris

Also, this phone keep coming up and registering to the publisher. I have deleted and recreated it a couple of times. Still registers to the publisher. Why is this?

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Chris,

Have a look at the Device Pool that you have assigned this phone to. In the Device Pool config there is a setting called Cisco CallManager Group. The setting for this CallManager Group probably has the Pub as first choice for the phones to register to. You can change the selection order of the CallManager Group or change the Device Pool. And force the phone to register to the Sub first.

Also,

Specifying Criteria for an SDL Trace Analysis

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f52ec.html#wp1024930

Hope this helps!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan

I changed the Device Pool so it only has the subscriber to choose. This phone is still registering to the publisher...

I have attached some trace information showing this device.

Delete the phone from the callmanager and Reset the device to factory defaults then reconfigure it.

How do you reset a 7940 to factory default?

Thanks,

for a 7940 phone.

press Settings button on the phone-->select network configuration--> scroll down to erase configuration--> now press **# to select this button. this will erase the configuration. now configure the phone in the call manager appropriately.

regards

Vivek

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.