Views
Helpful
Replies

phone registration rejected on the sub

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a ccm 7 pub and sub which is replicating changes to each other without any problems.

However, we I try to create a DHCP server on the Sub I can't register a 7960 phone. The phone show 'defaulting cm to tftp server' followed by 'phone registration rejected'

If I manually disable DHCP on the phone and point the tftp server to the Pub, the phone gets registered.

For fault isolation, the pub, sub and the phone are all connected to the same switch.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Paul,

Phone registration and tftp are 2 seperate things. CM registration is driven by the CM group configuration which is assigned to the phone's device pool. TFTP is the only means for the phone to download the configuration to know which CM to regsiter to. If after changing the tftp option the phone is not registering it's most likely becuase tftp service is not running on the SUB.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks. I just checked the services on the Sub and tftp is definitely running.

It is a fresh setup with no phones or any other configs on both the servers.

Disabling DHCP and setting a static ip address will allow the phone to register only if I point the tftp server to the PUB.

The DHCP server and subnet are currently configured for only the sub.

I can't figure out what is happening.

Paul

I checked and it was device type mismatch , the 7960 shown as device type 7 but the database shows it as type 255.

I guess i have to turn on auto registration to find out what is the exact device type

Hi,

Did you find a solution in the end ? I am having same problem on cucm 6.1.1

Thanks

Ati

Hi,

One thing to check. On the CCMAdmin page, under System > Server, do you have hostname or IP address?

If its hostname, you will need DNS configured on the phones and appropriate entries configured in the DNS. For the time being, you can change that entry to IP address of the servers instead of hostname. Restart the TFTP and CCM service on the servers and try again.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: