Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Upgrade CUCMv8.5

matthewlogan46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The phones do not load the new version of CUCMv8.5. to force the update I'm doing a manual reset them, using the sequence 123456789*0#. Then the phone updates the version of the firmware. In the CUCMv8 Administration, I perform a reset in the button  reset of the phone and the phone donĀ“t load the new firmware.

How I can make this correction or reset from the server?

I have no access to any phone for a manual reset.

Thank

8 Replies 8

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Rather than doing a factory reset, try clearing the 'ITL' file in the security menu on your phone. It sounds like your cluster trust may be broken, if you clear the ITL and it works we can advise further..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

I manually delete the file. Is there a possibility of doing remotely?

Hi

Yes... there are various applications to do that but they are generally not cost-free.

First, can you describe what changes you have made to get to where you are? It might be possible to work around it another way...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

The procedure is as follows:

1. Setting
  2. Security Configuration
  3. Trust List
  4. ITL File
  5. **#
  6. more
  7. Erase

Thanks

Hi Matt

I meant what you did to the cluster to get to the point where the phones no longer trust your servers :-)

E.g. what was your procedure for upgrading, have you renamed any servers, had any other issues, used a DRF restore etc.

Aaron

The version of the CUCM was upgraded from 6.1 to 8.5.

Hi Matt

Assuming this was an in-place upgrade and you haven't (for example):

-renamed any servers

-changed domain names

-had to use DRF to restore anything

-messed around with the certificates

-etc

And you have basically just in-place upgraded on the same servers, it would be unusual to have this sort of problem.

I would probably try restarting the TVS (Trust Verification Service) on the CUCM servers, then restarting a phone to see if that helps. It's better if you can fix the problem at the server end rather than trying to clear the ITL accross everything..

Aaron

Matthew,

Just to add to this. Can you confirm what firmware your current phones are on? If the firmare are below version 8.5, then they wont be able to upgrade directly to 9.X which the cucm 8.5 is on. This is normal. However you said you did a manual reset and the phone upgraded, so thats confusing. Please confirm what firmware your phones are on. If they are on 8.3 then you need to dowload 8.5 first befoe your phones can upgrade to the firmware on CUCM 8.5

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Please rate all useful posts