Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Phones are not connecting automatically to new CUCM 9.1 Have to delete the CTL file Manually

Dear Team,

We are upgrading customer CUCM from 6.X to 9.1. It is parallel setup. we have CUCM setup on new UCS server with different IP. Now aif we shift the phone to new CUCM, it is not registering to new CUCM. We have to delete the CTL file manullay on the phone.

Any advise on it, we can not manually erase the CTL files.

We are using security on existing CUCM. We had installed the certificate on 6.1 CUCM and enable the secure profiles for the phones.  Do you think I have to install the same certificate on new CUCM.

Your valuable input are very important to us.

BR

Muhammad Irfan

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phones are not connecting automatically to new CUCM 9.1 Have

Hi Muhammad,

Or else you can try deleting CTL files in bulk through phoneview software (http://www.unifiedfx.com/).

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Phones are not connecting automatically to new CUCM 9.1 Have to

If you do have to delete the CTL files, the latest version of PhoneView (Version 4.0) is now up to 100 times faster than any other product/tool.

So even on a large estate with 10,000+ phones it only takes minutes to perform bulk actions remotely, for example deleting all the ITL or CTL files.

The launch Webinar for PhoneView V4 can be viewed here:

http://goo.gl/ivZ6WO

Kind Regards

Stephen Welsh

11 REPLIES
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

If you restoring the back up using the Disaster recovery system for the new UCS ,you should maintain the same  Ip address,Mask,default gatewat and host name as well. Or else it wont work .as you mentioned you changed the Ip address for CUCM to the new UCS.

Thanks & Regards

Nithin Louis.

Community Member

I am not restoring through DRS, all the configuration has been done manually.

Hi Muhammad,

As you said that you have new IP address scheme then your new TFTP server IP address will also be different.

Are you using hardware security token to generate CTL file?

If you are using same hardware token for the new cluster then you won't face any issue in migrating phones from old to new cluster.

But if yor are facing issue then please follow below steps:

1) Include the new TFTP Server in the CTL File of the old cluster

2) Configured the Phones on the new Cluster with the option "Upgrade/Install new CTL by Null String / by MIC"

3) Deleted the Phones or changed their MAC on the Old Cluster, so the Phones are no longer known by the old Cluster

4) Rebooted the Phones on the old Cluster

5) Phones willl get their configuration Files from the new Cluster (old Cluster TFTP did not know about the Phones so he queried the TFTP of the new Cluster)

6) Phones will get the CTL File of the new Cluster

7) Hopefully phones will register successfully to new cluster

For further understanding and help please refer below link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15799

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia
Community Member

Dear Nishant,

Thanks for information.

Yes we are using hardware security token on old CUCM cluster 6.1. But we are not using any security configuration on new CUCM clsuter 9.1.

We have plan to use these certificate on new CUCM cluster after migration.

We can not delete or modify the Phones MAC as we want fall back option for migration.

I can try to install the same certificate on my new CUCM and check, may be then I wouldnt find any issue.

Kindly advise.

Hi Muhammad,

Or else you can try deleting CTL files in bulk through phoneview software (http://www.unifiedfx.com/).

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

If you do have to delete the CTL files, the latest version of PhoneView (Version 4.0) is now up to 100 times faster than any other product/tool.

So even on a large estate with 10,000+ phones it only takes minutes to perform bulk actions remotely, for example deleting all the ITL or CTL files.

The launch Webinar for PhoneView V4 can be viewed here:

http://goo.gl/ivZ6WO

Kind Regards

Stephen Welsh

Community Member

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for response.

Kindly advise on below.

When these CTL files deletion should be performed either after changing the TFTP IP address in the DHCP pool and reset the phones or diable the security service on the existing CUCM and then delete the files.

I we delete the CTL files right now then after resets phone will get these files again from CUCM.

Can I Copy existing certifiacte from old CUCM to new CUCM. I beleive if new CUCM can offer the same certifiacte then I dont need to delete the CTL fiels.

BR

Hi Muhammad,

As you don't want to use security for new cluster then make sure that when phone's try to register at that time CTL files should be deleted and security services are disabled.

But one thing to give a try is that before deleting CTL files, disable security services on new cluster and then try to register your phone. See if it works or not

Regards,
Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Community Member

Hi I have upload the same certificate on new 9.X CUCM server. Now it is working.

Community Member

Hi Irfan,what certificate you

Hi Irfan,

what certificate you upload on new cucm server?

could you please post the steps you follow to migrate phones from old cluster with security to new cluster with out security?

thanks 

regards

Mc

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content