cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones continously unregister then register again

justinfvoeller
Level 1
Level 1

My IP phones are dropping! All of the phones that drop reside on one call manager, even though there's two, and every 15 minutes or so 4 or 5 drop and then register again.

The reason code in the event viewer error is sometimes 8 and sometimes 9. Does anybody know what is going on? Nothing shows up in any other log anywhere.

Around 4 yesterday phones dropped around every three minutes! They finally stopped.

Please help!!! TIA

4 Replies 4

justinfvoeller
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know? Please, this problem needs to be fixed! TIA

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

What is the callmanager version and phone load ?

Any changes made recently ?

Any network issues ?

do you see "temp fail" error message appears on the IP phone ?

I know you are looking for a quick solution however there are too many possibilities ....if its impacting the network I would suggest opening a TAC case right away

I have same problem with one ccm installation.

The time interval for unregister-registering is around 30 minutes. The reason code is 8 again.

This problem appears only with 7905 and 7912 phones, espessialy when they are in call...

Additionaly there are errors in Event Viewer with other phones telling something like that: Transient connection error...

CCM 4.1.3

CCM resides on Data VLAN and IP Phones reside on voice vlan. Cisco switch 3560 is responsible for inter-vlan routing.

It sounds like a network connectivity problem between Publisher and subscriber Are the two servers at different locations? Do the phones register with the other server when they unregister and register. Is your QOS configuration right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: