Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones display "error updating locale"

Carlos Olortiga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm migrating a CUCM 7.1 to 9.1, old cluster had security enabled, so all phones has a CTL installed. I can register phones with new cluster by deleting the CTL, but they do not change to spanish. The only message is "error updating locale" (phones 7911 and 7942). Please someone has seen this error before? Is it related with security? Any help is usefull.

Thanks in advance

Carlos                

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What FW did the phones had in 7.1??

Did you upgraded it to match what 9.1 has??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Actually, all phones upgrade their firmware (from 8.5.2SR1 to 9.3.1SR1), but do not change the locale.

Regards

Carlos

Did you install new version 9.1 locales?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sure, I installed the 9.1 locale (the lastest for CUCM 9.1 in Cisco web page).

Regards

Carlos

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

You would need to update using;

Cisco Unified Communications Locale Installer 9.1.1.1000-1 Catalan (Spain) for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1

cm-locale-ca_ES-9.1.1.1000-1.cop.sgn

Via this path

Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Locale Installer-9.1(1.1000-1)

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Hi Bob,

Why I would need to install Catalan locale? is a bug with Colombia Locale? Do you know something about a problem with es_CO-9.1.1.1000-1 locale? Catalan is not the language I need, but maybe with Spanish_ES.

Regards

Carlos

Carlos,

Just install the same one you were using on the previous version.

Chris

Hi Chris.

The Same is the same Language?, because, in old CUCM all phones use English Locale. But in the new one I want to change it to spanish.

Regards

Carlos

OK, if you are installing additional (new) languages then get them from were Rob pointed you (+5 for Rob for good link) and follow the readme/release notes on how to install them.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

So, do you think the problem is the locale? Actually, I'm trying with cm-locale-es_CO-9.1.1.1000-1 (Colombia), I would try with cm-locale-es_ES-9.1.1.1000-1 (Spain). Really I think it is not the problem, because I have another customer with same CUCM versión and same Locale and it is working fine.

I think it is related with CTL, even I delete it, but something is keeping in the phone. But I dont know what.

Thanks

Carlos

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sorry Carlos,

My BAD! I made a bad assumption

It would be

Cisco Unified Communications Locale Installer 9.1.1.1000-1  Spanish (Colombia) for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.1

cm-locale-es_CO-9.1.1.1000-1.cop.sgn

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carlos,

One other thing...what is the exact CUCM version?

Cheers!

Rob

- Bob Marley

New CUCM is 9.1.1.20000-5.

Regards

Carlos

Hello Carlos

Were you able to solve this issue?

I'm also using 9.1.1.20000-5 and found some CIPC with this error.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: