cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Phones Import

Dears,

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33988

I want to import phones and all its field from CM 5000 8.5 BE to CM 6000 9.1, i know there is a bulk import from CM 5000 9.1BE to CM 6000 9.1BE  according to the link above  but i am not able to get the image for CM 5000 9.1 BE so that the reason  I want to pull all the existing phones and all its field, rest other things such as partitions,CSS,device pool,route list,groups  and etc etc i will be creating by myself.

Please tell me how i can do that and what precautions to avoid a failure for new call manager 9.1.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phones Import

What image the one that you get under bulk administration --> Schedular to download?

If you want the phones only why don't you go to Bulk Administration --> Phones and just export the phones with all details.

Go to Bulk administration --> job schedular download the CSV file edit it and upload it to the BE6k, go to bulk administration phones and add phones from custom file.

Go to bulk administration --> Phones -- Export Specific Details -->

click find to get all phones and then click next give the file a name and submit

now go to bluk adminitration --> schedular and go find your job you have run

open the CSV file name, select all copy it paste it into notepad and save as whatever.csv

edit your csv file in excel, upload to call manager and update phone lines from custom file.

tell it to overwrite old values and submit it

Message was edited by: Hermanus Janse van Vuuren

Voice CCIE #37771
2 REPLIES

Re: Phones Import

What image the one that you get under bulk administration --> Schedular to download?

If you want the phones only why don't you go to Bulk Administration --> Phones and just export the phones with all details.

Go to Bulk administration --> job schedular download the CSV file edit it and upload it to the BE6k, go to bulk administration phones and add phones from custom file.

Go to bulk administration --> Phones -- Export Specific Details -->

click find to get all phones and then click next give the file a name and submit

now go to bluk adminitration --> schedular and go find your job you have run

open the CSV file name, select all copy it paste it into notepad and save as whatever.csv

edit your csv file in excel, upload to call manager and update phone lines from custom file.

tell it to overwrite old values and submit it

Message was edited by: Hermanus Janse van Vuuren

Voice CCIE #37771
Community Member

Phones Import

Thanks Hermanus

The above solution worked for me

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content