Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones not registering in CME 2921

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have an IP Telephony setup with Call Manager Express running on cisco 2921 router with version 9.1.My isssue is phones are not getting registered .All the phones showing like " Registering".

I have enabled the DHCP Pool in the CME itself and phones are getting the Ip address,Subnet mask,default gateway and TFTP server IP.

I am able to ping the default gateway and Phone Ip address from the CME itself.

When I checked the staus message from the phone I can see that File not found  : SEP001F9E26639C.cnf.xml

Attached is the Sh run and Licence details.

Regards

Nithin Louis.

11 Replies 11

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi nithin

Please under telephony-service type  auto-reg-ephone  , your issue as i found no auto-reg.

thank you

please rate all useful information

Hi Islam,

I have configured auto-reg-ephone under the telephony-service...but result is same...phone trying for registering......

Regards

nithin louis.

You dont need auto registration for your phones to register. You have laready configured your phones. Your firmware for the phone type you have is wrong..here is what you need. You need to upload them to flash and then change your tftp-server command to have these files

SCCP41.9-2-1S.loads

apps41.9-2-1TH1-13.sbn

cnu41.9-2-1TH1-13.sbn

cvm41sccp.9-2-1TH1-13.sbn

dsp41.9-2-1TH1-13.sbn

jar41sccp.9-2-1TH1-13.sbn

term41.default.loads

term61.default.loads

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi Nithin

1-I need from you to try only one thing , on the phone which is trying to register . Please press setting **# then tyou will find Erase button appears , please  press erase , then wait.

Thank you

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you have the wrong files..These files are for 7911 IP Phones. You need files with 41..names not 11

tftp-server flash:apps11.9-3-1ES13.sbn

tftp-server flash:cnu11.9-3-1ES13.sbn

tftp-server flash:cvm11sccp.9-3-1ES13.sbn

tftp-server flash:dsp11.9-3-1ES13.sbn

tftp-server flash:jar11sccp.9-3-1ES13.sbn

tftp-server flash:SCCP11.9-3-1SR2-1S.loads

tftp-server flash:term06.default.loads

tftp-server flash:term11.default.loads

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi,

I just trying to upgrade the FM for the 7911 phones......not for the 7941.......

But the result is same....

Regards

Nithin Louis.

Hi,

Do I need to upgrade the FM for 7941 phones ?

Regards

Nithin Louis.

Your configuration does not show anything about the 7911 ip phones...

Hi,

I have upgrade the 7941 firmware from sccp-41-8-3-1s to 8.5(2) and the upgrade to SCCP41.9.2-1SR2S....

But phone still showing registering.Not only 7941 none of the phones are registering in the new CME.

Attached is the updated show run and debug tftp events.

Best Regards

Nithin Louis.

Hi nithin

Is this problem  for all phones which you have (CIPC , 7941 , 7911) , please specify?.

Hi Nithin

1-I  need from you to try only one thing , on the phone which is trying to  register . Please press setting **# then tyou will find Erase button  appears , please  press erase , then wait.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

Your problems seem to be locale related..The CCME server cant find the following locale files.

Oct 28 22:10:20.914: TFTP: Looking for English_United_States/mk-sccp.jar

Oct 28 22:10:21.422: TFTP: Looking for United_States/g3-tones.xml

Copy the attached locale file into flash...

Then

Copy into Flash:/its

CUCME(config)#telephony-service

CUCME(config-telephony)#user-locale 0 US load CME-locale-en_US-English-8.8.2.5.tar

Next create cnf files..

CUCME(config-telephony)#create cnf-files

Then test your phones again and send debug tftp events if you still have issues

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: