Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones not registering in subscriber

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I have a brand new deployment of cucm v9.1.2 and I'm having issues with the registration process in my phones, I have configured all the dns part in my servers and I also added the subscribers in the publisher using hostname being sure that the name is reachable using the dns.

I'm working with some old phones 7911, 7940 and 7941 and all of them are showing "Registration Rejected: Security Error" when I put them in a call manager group that doesn't have the publisher, as soon as I add the publisher all the phones get registered to it but that doesn't work for me.

I already did the correct installation of the firmware in the phones installing first this files:

cmterm-7911_7906-sccp.8-5-2.cop

cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-1-1.cop

cmterm-7941_7961-sccp.8-5-2.cop

And then the latest ones that came with the 9.1.2 version of cucm but the problem remains, all my phones are registering only in the PUB. I also check the DB Replication wich as far as I can see has no issues:

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

DB CLI Status: No other dbreplication CLI is running...

Cluster Replication State: BROADCAST SYNC Completed on 3 servers at: 2013-11-14-14-41

Last Sync Result: SYNC COMPLETED  603 tables sync'ed out of 603

Sync Errors: NO ERRORS

DB Version: ccm9_1_2_10000_28

Repltimeout set to: 300s

PROCESS option set to: 1

Cluster Detailed View from PUB (4 Servers):

PING            CDR Server      REPL.   DBver&  REPL.   REPLICATION SETUP

SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    (ID) & STATUS   QUEUE   TABLES  LOOP?   (RTMT) & details

-----------     ------------    ------  ----    --------------  -----   ------- -----   -----------------

PUB                      X.X.X.X    0.040   Yes     (2)  Connected   0      match   Yes     (2) PUB Setup Completed

SUB1                    X.X.X.X    0.193   Yes     (3)  Connected   0      match   Yes     (2) Setup Completed

SUB2                    X.X.X.X    0.347   Yes     (4)  Connected   0      match   Yes     (2) Setup Completed

SUB3                    X.X.X.X    0.393   Yes     (5)  Connected   0      match   Yes     (2) Setup Completed

I also double check the DB replication using this commands:

utils dbreplication reset

utils dbreplication forcedatasyncsub (SUB1, 2 and 3 and then a reset)

I also checked that the DHCP Server is sending the dns ip addresses to the phones, they all have the dns ip addresses in their network configuration.

The problem remains, what else can I try????

Thanks in advance for your help.

16 Replies 16

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Clear the CTL file

Go into settings/security settings, look for CTL, hit **# to unlock the settings, then look for erase.

You may have to select the CTL file, then hit more/erase or something along those lines...

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Hi minkdennis,

I checked that but in the CTL File part it says "Not Installed", I also tried the factory reset in all the phones.

I'm also trying with some new 7911 and the same issue.

Any other idea??

Thanks for your comment.

CAPF and CTL services running on both servers?

Hi,

Yes, I started all services in all the cucm's for testing purposes but it didn't change anything.

Did you try adding the phones manually? Also try running the tftp on subscriber.

Regards

Sandesh Rao

Hi Sandesh,

I just did that but the problem remains.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Alfonso,

For registration issues it will be nice if you can take parallel captures from the subscriber and an IP phone while its trying to register. This will allow us to see at which stage the registration fails and if at all the phone is able to send a register req to the subscriber. Have you tried both manual and auto registration? Is there a DN range specified for auto registration for the subscriber?

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

I have tried only manual registration...I'll do the capture to see if a req to the subs takes place.

What do you think could be a cause of this???

Thanks for your comment.

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Do you have call manager service activated on subscriber?

Are the subscribers before the publisher in the call manager group assigned to the device pool these phones are using?

Erick

Hi Alfonso,

can u restart Cisco RIS Data Collector service on all nodes ?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I just did that but the problem remains, I also restarted the entire cluster.

Any other ideas??

Thanks for your comment

Hi,

Yes, all the services are started in all the subs and the pub is the last one in the list.

If I take the pub out of the list the phones never get registered.

Hi Alfonso.

Have you already created a CUCM Group.

If Yes, can you see both CUCM on device configuration on ip phone?

As test, try to create another cucm group with SUB first and then PUB and enable auto registration.

See if ip phone (not already added tu CUCM) register normally.

Let us know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Alfonso,

Just a thought

If you can  try restarting Call manager service on all servers in a cluster by taking a maintenance window and check?

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: