cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones Not Updating Configuration

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

I've been working on several phones, and the phones themselves are not updating. I've restarted the TFTP service in OS Serviceability to no avail. I'm not even sure where to start. I'm running CUCM 6.1 integrated with OCS 2007.

10 Replies 10

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

What is the status of DBreplication must be set to 2, in CUCM 6.1 IDS replication is vital for CUCM change notification.

How many servers?

What exactly is not being updated?

I used the RTMT to check the database summary, and both are reporting 2, with no changes sitting in the queue...

We have two servers in our cluster, and it's just the general changes that aren't taking affect (phone line changes, route/hunt changes, etc.). Thanks for your suggestions thus far!

julio
Level 1
Level 1

you can try resetting the phone to defaults.

As soon as the phone starts, press # and hold it for about 10 seconds. Then the display will show "device reset configuration iniated". Press 123456789*#. Choose to clear config and the phone will then reload again. hope it helps.

I've also tried this to no avail...

Could you please try restarting DBMon service in all servers, then try again.

If you require RCA, I suggest you to open a TAC case.

Looks like a Change notification problem.

I restarted the service on my pub as well as sub to no avail. I have a case open with Cisco (actually opened it this morning), but we've still been unable to resolve the issue...

Hi there,

I am having a very similar issue with my CUCM 7.1.3, all of the sudden I can make changes but the devices will not update, reset, or anything.  My DB Replication status is 2 and 2 between servers.  Did you ever find a resolution to this problem with TAC?  I am waiting to hear back from them in the meantime.  I appreciate any light shed on this!

Thanks.

FYI, I rebooted my Publisher Server and all is well now.  It looks like another Engineer and

TAC were in the Server and TAC had them restart the DBMon Service to try to fix a different issue.

The service came back up but it really hosed everything up as described earlier.  Once I rebooted the

Publisher we were back to normal.

Hope this helps someone!

What's the full version of CUCM 6.1.x.yyyy-zz?  It should very much like CSCso93220, which can be verified prior to the reboot with a "show tech notify" from the command line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: