cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones registration and upgrade issue problem-endless rebooting

david-alfanzo
Level 1
Level 1

We have 7905 phone that we are installing wiht CCM4.1. I have set up two CCM servers, one productional and one for testing purposes. the problem is that the new phones i try two put online via the production servers do not upgrade. they keep rebooting before getting an upgrade. this does not happen on the non production servers. the upgrade and register and when they do i am then able to bring them to the productional LAN. after that they are able to register with the production servers. the phones are pretty old but i wonder why would this happen when both the CM's are the same version.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Hi

thanks for the reply, unfortunitly I dont have access to that link I only have a guest account, I have tried to reset the phones on the networks setting menu, is this what you mean? if so that didnt hel either. any ideas?

thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi David,

Here is some info to get you started. You shouldn't need CCO Login to access.Have you looked carefully at the production vs test servers to see if things like device defaults are set exactly the same?

Cisco IP Phone Models 7905G/7912G

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Press the Menu button.

Step 2 Use the Navigation button to select Settings, and then press the Select softkey.

Step 3 Use the Navigation button to select Network Configuration, and then press the Select softkey.

Step 4 Perform either of these procedures:

Procedure A:

Press **2. The phone displays "Do you want to reset all system settings to default values?"

Press the Yes softkey.

Procedure B:

Press **#. If your phone displays "Enter Admin Password," enter your password and then press the Enter softkey. Make sure that an unlocked padlock icon appears in the upper-right corner of your LCD.

Scroll to Erase Configuration.

Press the Yes softkey and then press the Save softkey.

The phone cycles through normal startup procedures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco IP Phone Model 7902G, 7905G, and 7912G Administration Guide for Cisco CallManager

Troubleshooting the Cisco IP Phone

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080473893.html#wp1017747

Hope this helps!

Rob

You should confim the Device defaults for both production and test servers have the same load information.

If they do, you may want to replace the load files on the production server with the files on the test server.

I tried the default factory setting on the hones with no luck, however I did manage to find how to make the phones stop rebooting. I disabled CDP on the phones and they came up and upgraded with no problem. after that i enabled it again and no problems occured. Do you think this might be some firmware issue?