cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones show 2 time formats; how do we change?

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

I have 7941's that show the time in 12-hour format and other ones that show in 24-hour format. Can I go into my Date/Time group and select 12-hour format, update and then will the pones all show AM & PM format when the time of day rolls around?

Thansk.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jstemke
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, set the format in the Date/Time Group and then check to see that your Device Pools are using the correct Date/Time Group.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jstemke
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, set the format in the Date/Time Group and then check to see that your Device Pools are using the correct Date/Time Group.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Hope things are good with you! If you are seeing this problem we know that you must have at least two Date/Time Groups configured. You will need to determine which Group(s) is/are using the 24-Hour format and apply these changes;

Updating a Date/Time Group

This section describes how to update a date/time group.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Find the date/time group by using the procedure in the "Finding a Date/Time Group" section.

Step 2 From the list of matching records, choose the date/time group that you want to update.

Step 3 Update the appropriate settings as described below

Group Name

Enter the name that you want to assign to the new date/time group.

Time Zone

Choose the time zone for the group that you are adding.

The default setting for new Cisco CallManager installations equals (GMT) Monrovia, Casablanca.

If you configured the "local time zone of Cisco CallManager" option with a previous Cisco CallManager release, the Cisco CallManager 4.1 database determines the time zone for the publisher database server and displays that time zone.

Separator

Choose the separator character to use between the date fields.

Date Format

Choose the date format for the date that displays on the Cisco IP Phones.

***Time Format

Choose 12-hour or 24-hour time.

Step 4 Click Update to save the changes in the database.

Step 5 To apply the changes, press the Reset Devices button.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed656.html#wp1023892

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the information. I looked and we only have one Date/Time group. After further review it looks like this was a lingering issue from when we did some DST patches and the phones that showed incorrect time were ones where people had not logged out until now. When they logged back in the correct time showed up. I did also change the time format from 24-hour to 12-hour.

Thanks again as usual.