cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phones stuck on request softkey template

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

This weekend we had 40 out of 500 phones start displaying message request softkey template and stopped working

From a previous post, we found that by removing the devices from call manager and adding them fixed the problem. We had a brief network outage to the location with the subscriber but even phone local to subscriber experienced issue. Would have rebooting the server fixed the issue? Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks Tom

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The default process does not assign a softkey template to the Cisco Unified IP Phone. The administrator must assign standard or nonstandard softkey templates to the Cisco Unified IP Phone by assigning the templates individually to each phone or by assigning the common device configuration to each phone.

The administrator creates a nonstandard softkey template by using the Softkey Template Configuration windows in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. To create a nonstandard softkey template, the administrator copies a standard softkey template and makes changes. The administrator can add and remove applications that are associated with any nonstandard softkey template. Additionally, the administrator can configure softkey sets for each call state for a nonstandard softkey template.

The Softkey Template Configuration window lists the standard and nonstandard softkey templates and uses different icons to differentiate between standard and nonstandard templates.

I was doing a maintenance reboot to my 4.3 sr5b cluster yesterday and about 1500 of my phones which were on 1 subscriber were stuck on Requesting template or Requesting Softkey template.

When I stopped the service on the Subscriber the phones would register to the Publisher just fine.

I also noticed that the CPU on the subscriber was tanking at 100%.

I thought I was hitting the bug CSCsj09354, but TAC did not find the related traces.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsj09354

Finally while registering the phone between the Pub and Sub suddenly it fixed itself.

You may want to check you CPU utilization and check the errors and see if you hitting the bug.

:JoeL

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: