Views
Helpful
Replies

Pick Up a call from a particular extension number

juan.saez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CallManager 5.1. There are ten phones in my department and sometimes more than one phone ring at the same time. I would like to pick up the call from a particular extension number and if the ten phones are member of a same pick up group I don't have the control for pick up the call from a particular extension number.

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thanks a lot.

Bye

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

No, pickup is like a queue, you can only pick up the first call that came to the pick up group.

I recommend you to contact your Acount team, They have access to a tool called "Product Enhancement Request" (PER) tool. With this

tool they can submit a "PER" on your behalf with a business case behind it.

HTH

//Jorge

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Juan/Jorge,

I think this CCM 4.2.1 feature that shows "Called Party" info would help, maybe it is coming in a future CCM 5.X release?

Call Pickup Notification

This new feature allows users to receive an audio and/or visual alert when a call rings on a phone in pickup groups in which they are a member. For multiple line phones, the alert is available for pickup groups associated with the primary line only.

You can configure the following notification parameters in the Call Pickup Group Configuration window:

Type of notification (audio, visual, both, or neither)

Content of the visual notification message (called party identification, calling party identification, both, or neither)

Number of seconds delay between the time the call comes into the original called party and the notification to the rest of the call pickup group members

From this 4.2.1 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00805f1470.html#wp2448574

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

That won't work to choose which call you want to pick up, give it a try on your lab.

Hi Jorge,

It was just a thought :) We don't have 4.2 in our lab so I can't test. My thinking was if the "Called Party" info showed up on the Pickup Group members displays, you could decide if you wanted to pickup the call based on the "Called Number" notification. So if you only want to pickup calls for Jorge @ Extn. 7151 and the display showed the "Called Party" as Juan @ Extn. 6550 you could opt out and let someone else answer or let the call Forward No Answer to voicemail.

Thanks for checking this out man! You are doing a great job here.

Rob

muarrij
Level 1
Level 1

Juan,

If you have only 10 phones, the only other solution, which is expensive but works is to have shared lines.

A customer I work with has this solution whereby all users have visibility through shared lines of other users. Pressing the relevant button picks up the intended call regardless of how many concurrent calls there are.

HTH. Please rate useful posts.

Muarrij

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: