Views
Helpful
Replies

Pilot Points only ringing to one member DN and skipping other member DNs

phretbored
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 6.0.1.2035-1.

Three of the pilot points configured on our system are behaving in an unusual way.

They pilot points never fail to answer and send calls the the member DN list...however they continuously only send to one member DN and they ignore the rest.

If I call any of the member DNs individually they never fail to answer and ring through so that is not the problem as far as I can tell.

I have tried resetting the pilot points but no luck.

Is it possibly a service that needs to be reset on the Call Manager?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok, have you tried restarting the CTIManager and the AC services??

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what algorithm is configured for the pilot point?? First Available Hunt Group Member?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Yes that is how they are all set.

I want to say that I already tried one of the other algorithms on one of the problem pilot points and it did not help...but I have no problem going back and trying that again or anything else that might be helpful!

Since each problem pilot point has one DN that it always sends calls to I created a quick fix by allowing more calls to ring on the working DN for each pilot point.

This will at least allow the same amount of call flow as they employees are used to and avoid busy signals for the customers.

ok, have you tried restarting the CTIManager and the AC services??

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Yes I did retry starting those services.

I should double check to make sure that I selected the correct services to restart.

Are there any other services that would be involved that a restart would possibly fix the problem?

I did a little searching and found references to a TCD service(?)...but I am not sure it is part of CUCM 6.0.1.

TCD is for windows versions, in linux appliances it's the AC service

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Right on that's what I thought as far as TCD.

Ok the problem is fixed and it was a services reset that did the trick.

We have 5 CCMS total.

When I first reset the necessary services I did so on CCM1...but it turns out that the pilot points exeperiencing this issue are all registered to CCM3.

So I went ahead and restarted the CISCO CTIManager service and the CISCO CALL MANAGER ATTENDANT CONSOLE SERVER service on CCM3 and it is all good.

Thanks!

ok, thanks for the rating and following up on this =). usually unless using a JTAPI app like CUE or UCC X/E we recommend to restart the services in all servers in cluster

javalenc

HTH

java

Sounds good.

I'll go ahead and restart the services on the other CCMs as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: