Views
Helpful
Replies

Pin for Personal Directory

gabiulici
Level 1
Level 1

Hii,

There is any option to give for 2.800 Users one  pin nr. an they can change after from Webb access interface.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI,

I find a fix up for this.If I go to Bulk Administration/ Users/Reset Password/PIN/Query and find the user.id and Enabled User Must Change at Next Login and write a PIN and Run Immediately. After the Job is done every user have to go Web access and change the PIN and then can go to Personal Directory on the Phone and type the new PIN.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am guessing you are using CUCM and adding these users as End Users on the CUCM. Is this CUCM?

In that case, you can use the Default Credential Policy to set the PINs for all the end users to a certain value after which they can change it to their required value. It's under User Management -> Credential Policy Default.

Note: You need to create a new entry in the User Management -> Credential Policy first. Then you will be able to see the same entry in the Credential Policy Default.

Hi 

do you have LDAP integration ?. For sure you have CUCM.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

hi

kindly find the below link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b08user.html#wpxref95190

thanks

hi,

I have LDAP configure on the CUCM, you say if a want to enable for all user I have to disable the LDAP and after I finis to config End User to enable LDAP?

Hi

i just wonder if you have LDAP integration or no .Do not disable LDAP. kindly follow :-

User Management -> Credential Policy >choose User Must Change at Next Login and does not expire. Use default credential policy to define pin to all users.just follow the link which i shared above

thanks

After I put a default pin on User Management / Default Credential Policy/ End User/PIN with my user uid it's working, after I put another user uid I receive the login unsuccessful  with the mesage PD Error Message.

Hi

1- Can you enable "does not expire"?.

2- Try more than userid .

Thanks

Hii,

The problem is now if i change the PIN from Credential Policy/Default Credential Policy  not working anymore, it's like it keeps the old pin, when I go to web User Web page and I want to change the PIN it's working to change only if I put the old pin nr. Maybe I have to change  some option in other part of CUCM?

I can enabled the User cannot change/User Must change at next Login/Does Not Expire

Hi

1- no , you have only use user cannot change or user must change on next login .

2- yes , the user should login for the pin which already configured by you as default , then he can change .

Thanks

Hi,

I put in attachment the setting from My CUCM/EndUser/Web access.

1.Now I change the pin from DCF to 12345678 and I left the User Must Change at Next Login ENABLED

2. I go to Web access and i type the curent pin ( 12345678 ) and write a new personal pin ( 123) but ai receive the error Current PIN incorrect .

Pls check the attachment

Th a lot for help

Hello

can we do one test , please ?. Just check only for do not expire and uncheck other choices , and test for more than useid , if it work let me know .

Thanks

Hi,

I think the problem is from LDAP, when I change the pin form End User Configuration and I give the PIN to user it's working fine. If i disable the LDAP I will lose all the user uid from the END USER  or just not able to synchronize  other  user from AD. If I don't lose the user I can disable LDAP and give a general PIN and after the user receive the PIN  just Enable LDAP again.

It's possible???

Hi

Yes , you can disable LDAP then enable it and resynch. Can you please go to CUCM-user management- credential policy default and type a new password , then select Do not expire , and select also user change at next login. Do not change anything from edit credentials for userid .

Thanks

Hi

1- do not touch edit credentials for end user.id as you did for uidl7366.

2-Please check do not expire.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: