cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Place local calls over MPLS

joro
Level 1
Level 1

I have seven locations across the country with their own DID ranges. For an example:

• LA – (626) 123-XXXX
  • SF – (415) 234-XXXX
  • FR – (559) 345-XXXX

where XXXX are unique for the system, do not override each other and are used for internal extensions, so DID’s from outside dial direct certain extension inside.

Now any extension can dial any other extension across all location without any problems.

I am located in LA and every time I dial a local phone number in SF area, I’m dialing long distance.

What should I setup in order the system to recognize (415)-xxx-xxxx phone numbers and to direct them internally to SF location via my MPLS, and to make a local call in SF over my network?

Thank you in advance.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check out CUCM SRND for Teho.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

The feature you need as Chris suggested is called Tail end hop off (TEHO) Search the forum for how to configure TEHO or look at SRND

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

As far as I can remember there are no LRGs in your version so you're looking at doing it all with just translation patterns and route patterns. You'll need to adjust your CSS/partitions to intercept those calls and redirect them appropriately so they don't come out on your local GWs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to start by mentioning what product and version you're using and not only what you want to do.

Answer depends direcly on that.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check out CUCM SRND for Teho.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

joro
Level 1
Level 1

Correct. Excuse me for not mentioning it: CUCM 6.1.5

The feature you need as Chris suggested is called Tail end hop off (TEHO) Search the forum for how to configure TEHO or look at SRND

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts

I'm reading https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2152923 and I'm in my CUCM at the same time trying to make sure that I at least could understand how to but so far having a very hard time =(

As far as I can remember there are no LRGs in your version so you're looking at doing it all with just translation patterns and route patterns. You'll need to adjust your CSS/partitions to intercept those calls and redirect them appropriately so they don't come out on your local GWs.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Well I got the idea but having hard time to put it in place.

This topic seems is exactly what I need

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-1362

and the tutorial is excellent

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le46/cln/qlm/CCVP/cipt2/implementing-teho-with-pstn-backup-2/player.html

with the exception, the settings are different from my CUCM which is v6 as it states at the topic.

Is it possible to point me to screenshots or examples of some sort so I can see the configuration regarding to translation patterns and call patterns?

Yupi aye!!! Did it and it works. Just being more careful and followed the video step-by-step. I'm so happy.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le46/cln/qlm/CCVP/cipt2/implementing-teho-with-pstn-backup-2/player.html

Thank you everybody.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: