Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plantronics Savi W740 and Cisco CP-7942G

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this condition. We have a Call Center UCCX Version 8.0.2.11005-20 using Cisco CP-7942G hardware revision 13.0 phone running firmware SCCP42.9-3-1SR3-1S connected to Cisco Unified Communication Manager 8.0.3.20000-2. They have a Plantronics Savi W740 which is a Plantronics WO2 base connected using APC-41 EHS Cable. The also have the usb connected to the computer. Intermittently these will go into a state where the Line button on the phone is flashing and it appears to be going offhook and on-hook repeatedly. In order to break this condition they disconnect the headset. I am convinced it's the headset and not the CAD software through the computer doing this. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what you did to resolve. I am also trying to figure out if the EHS cable is sending a signal that is getting logged that I can prove if it's sending the signal repeatedly or once.

Everyone's tags (3)
9 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hello,

May you please get me the Serial# of some of the 7942 phones, exhibiting this issue.

Also, let me know if there is a TAC Service Request opened?

Regards

Amit Singh

Cisco Employee

Hello,

It can be related to a known issue with 7942 phones, once you have the TAC SR opened, please let me know the  SR#.

Regards

Amit Singh

A bug id please ?

A bug id please ?

Hi ! your problem is the apc

Hi ! your problem is the apc-41, Plantronics cable from the base to the phone.

You need to change for a apc-42 type, solves the issue, we had the exact same problem.

Yves Labonté

Hydro-Québec

Hi , thanks for answering :-)

Hi , thanks for answering :-)

We also have sync problems , meaning the off / on hook does not Work - have to reset the phone to fix it - maybe related to not using the apc-42 - i will follow up on this.

thanks alot.

Yes it could be the cable, I

Yes it could be the cable, I have not seen that kind of issue.

On some types of Cisco phones, older versions apparently, you had to follow an order when connecting the devices:

1. Boot the phone

2. Connect the RJ for the headset (small one)

3. Connect the aux RJ (bigger one, the control connector)

4. Power on the Savi

But again I have been told this is not true anymore, just keep that in mind in case you ar debugging a client.

Yves

Hi, this was posted a while

Hi, this was posted a while ago I guess but we do experience the same issue, with 7962 phones running on SIP fw, and Savi 710/720 headsets.

Did you find a solution to this ? I'm very much interested to learn !

Yves Labonté

Hi - did you come to a

Hi - did you come to a solution on this matter ?

Hi ! your problem is the apc

Hi ! your problem is the apc-41, Plantronics cable from the base to the phone.

You need to change for a apc-42 type, solves the issue, we had the exact same problem.

Yves Labonté

Hydro-Québec

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content