cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PLAR in a vg204 box

Niels Kaae
Level 1
Level 1

I have a standard vg204 box runing sccp.

i have connected at analog phone to port 0/0 and configured that port in cucm. Analog phone op port 0/0 number 222 is to call IP phone 952 when picked up. It works as expected.

BUT when i hang up on my IP phone the damn thing keeps ringning untill i hang up the analog phone. I understand why it does that but how can i stop it from ringing?

I want the IP phone to send a disconnect to the analog phone.

regards

Niels

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Oh this is an MGCP FXS port, not a SCCP FXS.  That may change things slightly.

Before I try and reproduce, can you confirm:

* Is the DN assigned to this MGCP FXS port also assigned to any SCCP devices such as IP phones or SCCP-FXS ports for a shared line.  Use the 'route plan report' in CM for the extension to verify.

* If the answer to the above question is no, is the DN on this MGCP FXS unique to this one FXS device, or is it shared to other MGCP-FXS ports?

View solution in original post

Niels,

I set this up in my lab.  Rob is right.

Essentially all we can do on an FXS is tell the other side that they need to hang up.  We can't get them to hang up.  If you look at the VPM debugs, we send power denial to the FXS port when the IP phone hangs up, here:

001731: Nov 12 11:41:13.017 VET: htsp_process_event: [0/2/0, FXSLS_CONNECT, E_HTSP_ONHOOK_OUT]fxsls_offhook_lcfo

Now an analog phone doesn't know that LCFO (power denial) ever occurs, so it is the user responsibility to hang up when the other side verbally says 'bye.'  This is just a classic disconnection supervision issue based on how the signaling for analog devices was originally designed.

If your door phone can look for power denial, it will go onhook when the power denial is sent, and life will be good.  So just find a door phone device that can go onhook when it sees power denial, and you'll be fine.  You can change the time power denial is applied on the FXS port with:

timeouts power-denial  <0-2500ms>

Another option is to integrate via an FXO.  Then you flip around the side with the responsibility to go onhook to the router, which it will as long as it gets battery reversal, power denial, or a disconnect tone (so the door phone could send any of those and the router would go onhook).

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Explain in more detail this scenario?  You call from IP phone to SCCP FXS and let it ring, and hang up the IP phone before the analog phone answers, and the phone continues to ring?

Do you see this in the VPM debugs when the IP phne hangs up?

FXSLS_WAIT_OFFHOOK, E_HTSP_RELEASE_REQ]fxsls_waitoff_release

Upon re-reading it looks like the call is FXS->IP phone?

Please re-describe the logical flow of events for this call in a sequential and clear manner.

I will try to be more specific

CUCM version 7.1.5.

VG204 running sccp

From CUCM i have configuredport 0/0 with phone number 222 in PT_Plar and CCS_Plar. Translation pattern "empty" translates call to 952.

To port 0/0 is connected an analog door phone. When the analog phone goes off-hook the setup make phonenumber 952 on a IP phone ring. I pick up the IP phone i get connected. Works asdesigned.

BUT. When i hang up the IPphone it immediately rings again. The Analog phone is still in a off-hook stateand then the PLAR function i still in session.

How can i make the IP phone send a disconnect and teardown the connection?

Let me know what IOS version you are running on the VG204, and I'll see if I can reproduce the behavior in my lab.  Probably a good idea to post the entire VG204 config, too, just in case.

Cisco IOS Software, VG20X Software (VG20X-IPVOICE-M), Version 12.4(22)T3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Wed 02-Sep-09 05:43 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(20r)YA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

vg204 uptime is 8 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:vg20x-ipvoice-mz.124-22.T3.bin"

Cisco VG204 (MPC8300) processor (revision 0x100) with 118784K/12288K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FCH1344R04M
MPC8300 CPU Rev: Part Number 0x8062, Revision ID 0x11
2 FastEthernet interfaces
4 Voice FXS interfaces
256K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
125440K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Run config is

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1528 bytes
!
version 12.4
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname vg204
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
logging message-counter syslog
!
no aaa new-model
ip source-route
!
!
!
!
ip cef

vg204#sh run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1528 bytes
!
version 12.4
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname vg204
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
logging message-counter syslog
!
no aaa new-model
ip source-route
!
!
!
!
ip cef
no ip domain lookup
ip domain name netteam.local
ip host netcucm 10.144.1.201
no ipv6 cef
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
voice-card 0
!        
!
application
global
  service alternate default
!
!
archive
log config
  hidekeys
!
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
ip address dhcp
duplex auto
speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
no ip address
shutdown
duplex auto
speed auto
!
ip forward-protocol nd
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.144.0.1
!
no ip http server
!
!
!
control-plane
!
!
!
voice-port 0/0
cptone DK
!
voice-port 0/1
!
voice-port 0/2
!
voice-port 0/3
!
ccm-manager mgcp
ccm-manager fax protocol cisco
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server 10.144.1.201 
ccm-manager config
!
mgcp
mgcp call-agent netcucm 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package
no mgcp package-capability res-package
no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
mgcp sdp simple
mgcp fax t38 ecm
mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static
mgcp behavior g729-variants static-pt
!
mgcp profile default
!
!
!
dial-peer voice 99900 pots
service mgcpapp
port 0/0
!
!
!
line con 0
no modem enable
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
login
!
end

Oh this is an MGCP FXS port, not a SCCP FXS.  That may change things slightly.

Before I try and reproduce, can you confirm:

* Is the DN assigned to this MGCP FXS port also assigned to any SCCP devices such as IP phones or SCCP-FXS ports for a shared line.  Use the 'route plan report' in CM for the extension to verify.

* If the answer to the above question is no, is the DN on this MGCP FXS unique to this one FXS device, or is it shared to other MGCP-FXS ports?

Oh sorry. I have been working on this for some hours testing different senarios. I forgot that i started out with a sccp setup!

I can confirm that the DN is only assigned to the FXS port and that is unique.

kind regards

Niels

I have now tried on a sccp, mgcp and h323 box. i am getting to the point where i say. This will not work!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Niels,

I think the problem here is that the IP Phone actually does

send a disconnect to the Analog phone. Because the Analog phone

is off-hook when it receives the disconnect, it does another PLAR

or Hotdial type call. We've seen this exact same behavior with Hotdials

(PLAR) from Analog phones connected to VG248's that are left

off-hook when the IP Phone hangs up

Cheers!

Rob

And that makes it into a mechanical problem more than an IP problem. If you

don't hang up the phone it will keep ringing. So only solution is to my problem is to find an other door phone.

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Niels

Niels,

I set this up in my lab.  Rob is right.

Essentially all we can do on an FXS is tell the other side that they need to hang up.  We can't get them to hang up.  If you look at the VPM debugs, we send power denial to the FXS port when the IP phone hangs up, here:

001731: Nov 12 11:41:13.017 VET: htsp_process_event: [0/2/0, FXSLS_CONNECT, E_HTSP_ONHOOK_OUT]fxsls_offhook_lcfo

Now an analog phone doesn't know that LCFO (power denial) ever occurs, so it is the user responsibility to hang up when the other side verbally says 'bye.'  This is just a classic disconnection supervision issue based on how the signaling for analog devices was originally designed.

If your door phone can look for power denial, it will go onhook when the power denial is sent, and life will be good.  So just find a door phone device that can go onhook when it sees power denial, and you'll be fine.  You can change the time power denial is applied on the FXS port with:

timeouts power-denial  <0-2500ms>

Another option is to integrate via an FXO.  Then you flip around the side with the responsibility to go onhook to the router, which it will as long as it gets battery reversal, power denial, or a disconnect tone (so the door phone could send any of those and the router would go onhook).

Hi Steven

Yeah top marks from me too. Thanks for you tremendous help.I will try with the FXO. I got a feeling that it might work. I will let you know how it turns out.

Once again thanks.

/Niels

Sounds good.  Just keep in mind that the door phone you are currently testing with likely won't work in an FXO port, since you always need to connect FXS to FXO.  Unless the door phone also has FXS ports which you can connect to the Cisco FXO port, or a jumper/setting to switch between FXS and FXO.

Hi Steven

Additional information and the way to get this door phone to work!

The door phone is connected to a controller, that controller is connected to the fxs port.

The controller is waiting for a the disconnect tone. In Denmark where I am, when you hang-up your phone three tones is send to the other end terminating the call.

In this setup these three tones is not send. How can i generate those tones?

Kind regards

Niels

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: