cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Playing "Agent Greeting" without UCCX/UCCE

barry
Level 7
Level 7

I think I know the answer to this, but I'll press on regardless!

I've got a client that needs to play an annoucement greeting in front of their agents stating that calls into the contact centre (which isn't using UCCX or UCCE) may be recorded. At the moment we do number translations on incoming calls to the main pilot numbers (which are hunt groups) and send them into a CUE script which plays a recorded prompt and then transfers the call back to the original hunt group pilot number. All works ok, if a little clunky.

The customer now wants all calls to the agent's DDIs (40+ of them) to have the same announcement played. I can just modify my CUE script to include these extra called numbers - however the "select" statement I'm using is going to take on gargantuan proportions.  In theory, I'm sure it should work - however I was just wondering if anybody else has any experience?  I'm concious I may need to increase the number of VM ports to take account of additional peak call volumes.

1. Had any experience of using a select statement within a CUE script with nearly 50 options (including how it performs for numbers at the bottom of the statement).

2. Had any other ideas as to how I can play this annoucement greeting? Implementing UCCX/UCCE is not an option..... Customer also doesn't have CUC at the present time. 

CUCM Version: 7.1(5)

CUE Version: 8.0(2)

Thanks. Barry

3 Replies 3

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

Starting with UCM version 8.5, 3rd party software is allowed to play an "Agent Greeting" via the Built in Brige feature using CTI/JTAPI.  I know this does not help you much because for starters you would have to upgrade UCM.  Secondly, you would have to find a 3rd party app that does this or develop one in-house.

Agent Greeting
Agent Greeting allows an agent or administrator to create and play a prerecorded greeting automatically at the beginning of a call, such as a customer call, before the agent begins the conversation with the caller. An Agent can prerecord a single greeting or multiple ones as needed and create and update them. When a customer calls, both callers hear the prerecorded greeting. The agent can remain on mute until the greeting ends or answer the call over the greeting. All codecs supported for the phone are supported for Agent Greeting calls.
To enable Agent Greeting in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration application, choose Device > Phone, locate the Cisco Unified IP Phone that you want to configure. Scroll to the Device Information Layout pane and set Built-in Bridge to On or Default. If Built-in Bridge is set to Default, in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration application, choose System > Service Parameter and select the appropriate Server and Service. Scroll to the Clusterwide Parameters (Device - Phone) pane and set Built-in Bridge Enable to On.
For More Information
•Agent Greeting feature documentation, CTI Product Description Guide for Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise, Release 8.5(1)
•Features Supported by Cisco Unified JTAPI, Cisco Unified JTAPI Developers Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1)
•Features Supported by TSP, Cisco Unified TAPI Developers Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.5(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_5_1/delta/delta.html#wp1902309

Thanks Shane.

Yes, I'd ready this already and didn't go any further as I would then need to write the 3rd party application :-)

Thanks anyway.

I'm going to try my CUE script and see how it goes.

Barry

Hi,

I know it is an old thread but you can go through below link which describes a solution of Agent Greeting for CUCM without UCCX or UCCE

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/agent-greeting-for-cisco-cucm-uccx-ucce-pcce/ta-p/4121818