Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Please help! 7960 Won't register to CUCM 8.6

I've checked all my network settings. I get the correct IP address for the voice vlan, I have the correct settings under the phone (correct IP/Mask, CUCM server, dhcp server, tftp server, etc). I can get the tftp file SEP<MAC ADDRESS>.cnf.xml by using tftp from windows command prompt, so I know it's there but the phone will not register. It keeps cycling between "opening <CUCM IP ADDRESS>" and "defaulting CM to TFTP server".

I have tried auto-registering, manually adding the phone even upgrading the firmware to 8.1(1.0) for the phone. Nothing has worked. Thoughts??

2 REPLIES

++ What is the exact error message seen on the phone?

++ did u tried resetting CTL file

++ If the above did not work, try resetting the phone to factory default, delete the config on CUCM and try registereing again.

++ if the above solutions did not work, capture the phone console logs & TFP & Event logs from CUCM and share them

I fixed the problem. I did not have the latest firmware 8.1(2) loaded into CUCM. Once I did this and restarted TFTP service on the pub and sub, the phone registered. Thanks for helping out!

Views
Helpful
Replies