Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Please Help : CME - AA - FXO hang

Hi all

Please I need your help, I have been working to solve a script for AA for 3 days by now, and when I solved it, it ended with me facing another problem:

Scenario:

======

Call from Outside -> FXO -> AA

If someone called and hanged off the line, AA still running and for sure the port is hanged.

Call from Outside -> FXO -> AA-> Extension

If the caller dialed the extension and got transferred, then the Called side phone keeps ringing and never got disconnected, the port hangs.

Call from Outside -> FXO -> AA-> Extension->Voicemail

If the caller dialed the extension and got transferred, then the Called side phone keeps ringing until no answer timer reached, the call transferred and again, the port hangs.

FXO port is always hanged.

CME 4.0(0)

CUE 3.1.1

IOS c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-9.T7.bin Version 12.4(9)T7

I really need your help guys. I have tried everything, batter reversal, supervisory disconnect, timeout call-disconnect, timeout wait-release,

I am out of ideas. Any Help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Please Help : CME - AA - FXO hang

Hi,

There's a really quick test you can do. Place a call through the FXO to an extension. Hang up on the PSTN, stay off hook on the IP phone. Listen and see if you hear tones. If you hear tones, the provider is using a disconnect tone to disconnect the call.

This is a post I wrote up to help configure what you need if this is the case:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd249ca/3#selected_message

hth,

nick

10 REPLIES

Hi,

There's a really quick test you can do. Place a call through the FXO to an extension. Hang up on the PSTN, stay off hook on the IP phone. Listen and see if you hear tones. If you hear tones, the provider is using a disconnect tone to disconnect the call.

This is a post I wrote up to help configure what you need if this is the case:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd249ca/3#selected_message

hth,

nick

Community Member

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the fast reply, I am going to try this by today, and I will get back to you.

Thanks again.

Community Member

I did the steps you mentioned, the problem I got is I only have one spike at 425Hz .. nothing more.

So shall I use the same parameter twice?

like Frequency 425 425 ?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

No, you haven't tried anything yet. In most cases, you need tone-based supervisory disconnect, with the proper configuration for your specific telco.

Community Member

Thanks for your reply

Do you mean by configuring supervisory disconnect anytone on voice port?

Community Member

Is there a good resource on cisco's site anywhere to configured tone-based supervisory disconnect? I've ran into this a couple time and it always ended up being a TAC case. Would be nice if I didn't need to go to TAC everytime...

Hall of Fame Super Gold

What ae you asking specifically?

Often even in the same country different tones are used, hence the need to customize each installation.

Community Member

I understand. So I need to contact my telco and see exactly what tones they provide for disconnect?

Hi there,

Check the first post on the thread. I wrote up a long message before on how to do this exactly, and linked it up there.

We prefer when it's not always a TAC case also :)

I'm in the process of turning this into a cisco.com document hopefully.

-nick

Community Member

Hi Nick,

can you publish the doc again as its not available anymore?

BR,

Sachin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content