Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

please help in FXO Disconnection problem

hi all,

i have a callmanager 4.2 and cisco 2811 as avoice gateway (MGCP)with 2 vic2-4fxo ports,

the problem appeares when some one from outside places a call into the system the line keeps ringing even when the calling party goes on hock,

although i solved this problem previously on 1760 gateway with the following commands under the voice ports;

voice-port 1/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

cptone EG

timeouts call-disconnect 0

timeouts wait-release 1

timing hookflash-out 500

connection plar opx 0

these commands have no effect in my case

another very starnge thing happens that the command "cptone EG" disappears from the cofiguration after some time or after a reload (although i make copy run start).

so please can any one helps me to fix this issue

thanks in advance

Eng. Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman

CCNA,CCNP,CWLSS

7 Replies 7

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

hey,

along with your commands i also had to ask the carrier to enalbe COD on thier end. to do that, they had to put the pstn lines in a trunk and then enable COD. that worked. other than that, some say ground start works but not everytime.

J_Vansen_S
Level 3
Level 3

Try using a custome tone to disconnect the call. This works fine for me, as i was facing the same problem as urs previously.

One thing u gotta get the frequency right according to your PBX or country dial tone frequency n cadence.

!

voice class custom-cptone test

dualtone busy

frequency 400 400

cadence 375 375

dualtone disconnect

frequency 400 400

cadence 375 375

!

voice-port 0/0/0

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

supervisory custom-cptone test

!

When Ground start and battery reversal does not help in solving this issue. So we are down to using tone supervisory to disconnect the call.

osamaokok
Level 1
Level 1

hi,,

I'm facing the same problem, i did what all guys said but no luck.

So please if you get the answer please post it.

regards

i'm still didn't solve the problem.

but i notice that the command "cptone EG" which i make under the voice ports is reseted to cptone US after reloading although i make copy run start

so please what could be the reason for this?

A bug. Please upgrade IOS and if problem continues, open a case with Cisco TAC.

i think that i have the latest IOS and hereby the result of sh version command on the voice gateway

"Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(3f), RE

LEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)"

so am i still need to upgrade the IOS ?

Absolutely yes. The latest IOS in 12.4 mainline is 12.4(12), in T is 12.4(11)T.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: