Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Please opine on this home lab diagram?

Hi, can you help me on this?

My goal is to play with as many IP telephony labs as I can in my home lab. I'd like to configure gateways and gatekeepers and make all phones communicate with each other.

My main doubt is regarding the configuration of router 'C2610-1' as demonstrated in the attached diagram. I am trying to simulate a PSTN with it. Then I put (2) FXO ports on that router.

Please feel free to make suggestions on how I could use the (3) C2610 and (1) Cat 3550 give me the best IP telephony lab possible. I know my diagram my be wrong and vague, but I am looking for suggestions from you experienced folks if you don't mind.

Please find attached diagram.

Thank you :-)

Marlon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: Please opine on this home lab diagram?

You got it. Now please rate my post.

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Fxo should be connected to fxs. fxs provide dialtone fxo do not. Why do need a hub?

Community Member

Graciano, how about if I configure the router on the top, (C2610-1), the one with 2 FXO's ports, as a PBX? Would that be the correct connection then?

If you confirm the topology is correct if I want to make the C2610-1 as a PBX, I confess at this point it is not clear to me which configuration I should run on that router to make it work as a PBX, I would need to research that next.

I forgot to remove that hub from there. You are right.

Thanks much !

Marlon

Community Member

Marlon,

On your 2610-1 you need an fxs to provide dialtone to the other two routers.This will make 2610-1 your pbx.You will create two dial-peers with the destination-pattern of the numbers you plan to use ie:1000,1001.Pointing to the fxs voice-ports.

Hope this helps

JR

Community Member

I think I got it. I should use two FXS on the 2610-1 instead. Then I connect those with RJ-11 cable to the respective FXO onto C2610-2 and C2610-3.

So then I create a 'dial-peer voice 1000 pots' and' destination-pattern 1...'. You rule!

Community Member

You got it. Now please rate my post.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content