Views
Helpful
Replies

Plus Dialing and 9951 Phones

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're slowly migrating from 7960 to 9951 phones, how do I get the 9951 devices using + dialing from an E164 format or translate it to extensions?

The 7960 devices grab their corporate directory from an XML feed, which we provide just the internal extension. However, the 9951 uses the information from Active Directory which we store in + E.164 format (+61 2 9222 2222). However, when using the corporate directory you get a 'call cannot be completed' message.

The data sheet for the 9951 has that no configuration is needed for + dialing to work. We're using version 8.5.1.12900-7 of CUCM and 9.2(3) SIP firmware for the 9951. I've tried using translation patterns to remove the prefix (last 4 digits are our extension) but a translation pattern can't be started with a + symbol.

Any ideas welcome.

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have to configure as \+92345 then only it will accept the +.Hopes this will help.

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have to configure as \+92345 then only it will accept the +.Hopes this will help.

Regards,

Gnaneswaran.

Thanks Gnaneswaran!

Just worked it out, you beat me by 2 minutes! Thanks for your help.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: