Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE Question

donjohnson911
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

I'm still too nervous to plug my 3rd party PoE device into my phone, heh. I found the exact specifications online and wanted to run it by you pro's before manning up and trying it.

Specs:

RoHS: No

DC Output Connector: RJ45 Connector

Number of Outputs: 1

Product Category: Power Over Ethernet Adapter

Mounting Style: Wall

Output Current (Channel 1): 0.35 A

Output Power Rating: 15.4 W

Output Voltage (Channel 1): 48 V

IEEE 802.3af Approved

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Don (er Nash)

The 15.4W Output Power Rating is exactly what a Class 3 device like the 7970 is looking for. You really should be good to go here :) This will not cook the phone!

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK, a PoE device can only be connected directly to the switch and not the phone. I've never seen this being used or come across this before. I believe phone cannot handle PoE information recieved on the PC Port of the phone

Yea sorry I must have not been clear. I meant I have a 3rd party injector that's receiving the signal from a non-PoE router and adding power so I don't need a PWR-CUBE to power the device. Will be put in same input that switch/router comes from not PC port.

Just trying to make absolutely sure those specifications are what I need so I don't burn out the phone.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Don (er Nash)

The 15.4W Output Power Rating is exactly what a Class 3 device like the 7970 is looking for. You really should be good to go here :) This will not cook the phone!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks so much for the great assistance today, Rob. I know I've asked the same question like 3-4 different times now, and you've been quite patient and helpful. I really appreciate it.

Just want to be absolutely, 150%, positive that it's good. Now I'm confident that I have my answer. :)

Hey Don.... no worries! Let us know how you make out with this.

Take care,

Rob