Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PoE Question

Hello again,

I'm still too nervous to plug my 3rd party PoE device into my phone, heh. I found the exact specifications online and wanted to run it by you pro's before manning up and trying it.

Specs:

RoHS: No

DC Output Connector: RJ45 Connector

Number of Outputs: 1

Product Category: Power Over Ethernet Adapter

Mounting Style: Wall

Output Current (Channel 1): 0.35 A

Output Power Rating: 15.4 W

Output Voltage (Channel 1): 48 V

IEEE 802.3af Approved

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: PoE Question

Hi Don (er Nash)

The 15.4W Output Power Rating is exactly what a Class 3 device like the 7970 is looking for. You really should be good to go here :) This will not cook the phone!

Hope this helps!

Rob

5 REPLIES
Gold

AFAIK, a PoE device can only be connected directly to the switch and not the phone. I've never seen this being used or come across this before. I believe phone cannot handle PoE information recieved on the PC Port of the phone

Yea sorry I must have not been clear. I meant I have a 3rd party injector that's receiving the signal from a non-PoE router and adding power so I don't need a PWR-CUBE to power the device. Will be put in same input that switch/router comes from not PC port.

Just trying to make absolutely sure those specifications are what I need so I don't burn out the phone.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Don (er Nash)

The 15.4W Output Power Rating is exactly what a Class 3 device like the 7970 is looking for. You really should be good to go here :) This will not cook the phone!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks so much for the great assistance today, Rob. I know I've asked the same question like 3-4 different times now, and you've been quite patient and helpful. I really appreciate it.

Just want to be absolutely, 150%, positive that it's good. Now I'm confident that I have my answer. :)

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hey Don.... no worries! Let us know how you make out with this.

Take care,

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content