cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PolyCom 6000 (3rd Party SIP) with Cisco CME 3.3

martens72
Level 1
Level 1

We took over management of a CME based call system - I am pretty new to managing CME, and this appears to be a very old version of CME (3.3). The client has purchased a 6000IP Polycom phone, which, after much searching, I am finding is basically a 3rd party SIP phone to CME. They have a PRI coming in, with several existing Cisco phones registered using CME; but what I am reading, I have to setup the router to handle phone registration for this Polycom as a SIP phone. Any guidance would be appreciated.

I have reviewed the following links, and they seem to indicate the necessary config additions:

http://uc-b.blogspot.com/2011/07/cisco-cme-w-3rd-party-sip-phones.html

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/9982136/polycom-sip-phone-cme

My main concern is applying this configuration and having it effect the current phones in service. They don't have a "voice register" section in their config - they have a "telephony-service" section which seems to specify ephone parameters for the currently configured devices. Instead of the voice registers, they have ephone-dn's and ephone configs. Hope this is making sense to somebody with more expertise than me :)

2 Replies 2

martens72
Level 1
Level 1

Doesn't look like there have been any takers on this issue.

I have the phone configured in the ephone-dn setup, and it can make outbound calls and connect to other extensions. The issue I am having now is that the phone is unregistered and cannot receive inbound calls. When I check Cisco references for setting up a generic SIP phone, the commands required are not available to me in the version IOS I am running.

Any help would be appreciated.

what is router?  2811? upgrade to latest ios. 12.4(24). it has  CME version 7.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: