cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible to use CUCM to test PSTN service?

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Looking to see if a solution exists to test PSTN and/or Toll Free services for outage.  These services would all route thru our existing CUCM.  I have alerts setup to alert me if a gateway goes down or if the services are exhausted.  We have a number of business that rely heavily on 800 and local number services for inbound traffic.  When they stop working we only know when a customer complains and so our reaction time is lengthened.

Has anyone heard of or implemented either an in house (using CUCM) or vendor that is able auto test this on a scheduled time interval?  Ideally I would prefer to keep in house understanding the caveots of using our own PSTN service to test.

The option to move TF traffic to cloud service is an expensive option that is why I am challenged to try and utilize our CUCM system or an in-expensive outside source.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hi Troy.

With CUCM I think is not possible but with UCCX you could create a script dialing out and report a busy or failed call via email.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Good Point!  That did not occur to me.  I'll see what I can come up with and will post an update if successful.  Thanks