cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

POTS Dial Peer Matching and Routing

acalderone
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that there is a specific order in which CUCME processes POTS dial-peers - there's a great reference for the processing order here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

I still have a question though - for an inbound dial-peer, would multiple criteria mess up a dial-peer?

For instance, I have an analog device in FXS Port 0/0/1 of an IOS gateway.  I want calls that come in a PRI to be sent to this FXS port.  Could I use the following dial-peer for the outbound calls?  (Some digits replaced with "X" for confidentiality)

dial-peer voice 205 pots

description Dial-Peer for Fax Line 269-488-XXXX

incoming called-number 269488XXXX

port 0/0/1

dial-peer voice 204 ports

incoming called-number .

port 0/1/0:23

I want the call to be sent TO port 0/0/1, but I'm worried that the " incoming called-number 269488XXXX" will override the general "incoming called-number ." line on dial-peer 204, and the system will get confused because it will also expect that it can match the "port" command on dial-peer 205 - so that it would expect that it will also RECEIVE the call on the FXS port.  Basically, I'm thinking that dial-peer 205 will match inbound, and it will then look at the entire dial-peer, and try to look for a call coming from the FXS port, and therefore, break.  Does that sound right?  Or, since "port 0/0/1" is also a dial-peer matching criteria, but is NOT getting matched in this instance, will it ignore that line?

Thank you for any help you might be able to offer!

Andy

2 Replies 2

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Dial-peer 205 will match only in when some one dials 269488xxxx , this is explicit match.

Your dial-peers are not acting as overlapping, so you don't have to worry.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should change the config on this dial-peer to this..

dial-peer voice 205 pots

description Dial-Peer for Fax Line 269-488-XXXX

destination-pattern 269488XXXX

port 0/0/1

You use the destination-pattern to match on the outbound leg

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts